Sunday, November 13, 2011

great online tools!



Animoto is such a great online tool to produce digital story and video! It is simple to use, and easy to create digital story. When I was creating my video, it blew my mind! I was amazed how professional the video looks and I think it is a great idea to encourage students to sign up and give them chances to create their own digital stories. Students are always fond of digital stuff, I believe students will be engaged and involved in learning by using Animoto. 

The digital story that I made is Play in the snow! Since winter is here, snow is coming; setting up a class discussion about how students are going to play in the snow would be a good idea for ESL students. My goal is to encourage them to speak out and to share their idea about what do they do in the snow and how would they have fun in the snow.

I think Animoto can be used as a perfect tool to have conversation and class discussion. By uploading pictures and videos, students can actually make their own movies and clips. The topics can be about anything, they can make bizarre stories as they want, and share their thoughts with classmates.

For ESL beginners, writing is always difficult and hard to have active effect in classroom. Animoto also can be used in writing activity; vivid video attracts students’ attention and therefore lead them to write in second language. By creating and sharing their own digital story, students are also encouraged to comment on the videos in writing form.  

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

You have named many good ways to use Animoto to enhance lessons.